Google Places: 10 Big Brand Benefits In Under 5 Minutes
Published by Jon Samsel on 2010-05-08
| 1007 views
Smart brand managers already know that the more visible their brand is, the easier it is for potential customers or business partners to find you. That's why we think all brands should capitalize onGoogle Places, a free business listing service within Google Search and Google Maps that can help almost any online brand become a little more visible.
Recently we registered Heardable.com and we like what we see already.Just claim your branded business listing via a fast and nifty verification system, you'll be able to complete your listing information in minutes. You can even include a link to your website, for free. There is even a performance dashboard that helps you monitor how well you're doing over time.
Formerly known as Local Business Center, Google Places can help boost your online marketing presense in 10 key ways.
1. Expanded Local Search Presence - Your brand listing on Google Places is yet another way to tell the world what local markets you serve via your address and phone number.
2. Inbound Directory Link - Not only do online directories make it easier for people to find your company by category, but the extra inbound link helps boost your SEO revelance.
3. Official Map Listing - It goes without say that as more and more citizen searcher use targeted search tools like maps, the better it is that your brand is found on those maps!
4. More Tagged Images - Google Place allows brand managers to add multiple images to your profile, which if named/tagged properly, will also be indexed in Google Images.
5. Another Google Listing - Anytime a brand can dominate page one of Google's natural search results with links to pages controlled by the brand, the more likely you'll be get the click.
6. Increased Local Response - Activate coupons to create as many free coupons as you want to run alongside your business listing in Google Maps.
7. Increased Marketing Reach - The ease-of-connectivity between Google products means your marketing tasks are a snap to expand beyond your Google Places listing. You can target customers locally with Google Adwords, where you only pay for ads that bring you prospects.
8. Expanded Scope & SKU - Add your entire catalog to Google's free product search site, Google Base.
9. Easier to Sell - Google Checkout and increase your sales by driving more traffic and higher conversions to your website or landing pages.
10. Easier For Mobile Discovery - Register on Google Places and they automatically generate a QR code you can print and display in your store window, online ad, or on an outdoor banner or booth display.Point and click with any mobile phone with web access and people can learn everything they want about your brand in seconds, right in their own hands.
Being Heardable, the Heardable Blog, is curated by Heardable co-founder and digital marketing veteran, Jon Samsel. Jon is based in Los Angeles, and Singapore.