Marc Benioff, Salesforce’s CEO and Chairman, recently gave the keynote address at his firm's annual DreamForce conference in San Francisco. He called on business organizations to modernize their corporate policies to enable employees to become evangelists for the company. He challenged business leaders to listen and learn from their customers. And he advocated the use of new technologies to measure, monitor and improve their brand performance.
How to best do this?
Benioff's recommends leveraging social technologies and expert consultancies to:
1. Drive brand loyalty
2. Assist shoppers in their purchase journeys
3. Accelerate company revenue cycles
Benioff predicted that today's CEOs will fail if they do not listen to their employees and customers. He pointed out that social media was not just a B2C phenomenon, but a B2B one as well. He urged B2B organizations to become social enterprises -- and he said social media was now bigger than email -- so everyone should take this "channel" seriously.
Hearable's 5 step process for becomming a social enterprise:
1. Learn - Assess the competition, current plans, ID success factors
2. Listen - Talk to customers, employees and partners
3. Plan - Identify low cost/high impact social initiatives, set baseline metrics/goals
4. Assist - Communicate, project manage, buidl, guide & advise
5. Deploy - Launch, measure, modify, improve, high-five!
Need help creating a social roadmap?
Heardable can help. Give us a call at 1-888-520-0034 and you'll receive a free consultation talking about ways your company can become a social enterprise. It's not as daunting as it sounds!